Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Admittance to the program is by invitation only and is intended for students who are within three semesters of graduation. In no case will students who have less than five months of study remaining before graduation be considered. A student who has excellent research potential and has been performing at an exceptional level in the major and at a level of distinction in other courses may be invited by the department or program chair to participate in the Departmental Honors Program. The evaluation of performance in the major is made exclusively by each department or program. The evaluation of overall performance outside the department is subject to review by the Honors Advisory Committee.
Honors Program Mandatory Meetings 2019-2020
- Tuesday, September 24, 2019, 4:30-6 p.m. in AD 201: Honors Program Welcome Reception & Information Meeting for All Students Accepted Into the Program
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 4:30-6 p.m. in Abell Library: Honors Research Strategy Success Meeting
Honors Program Contacts
Honors Program Director
Honors Program Deadlines 2019-2020
- Friday, September 20, 2019: Deadline for submitting Committee Acceptance Form
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.First Round Funding: Honors Funding Request form is due
- Friday, October 18, 2019: First Round Funding: Faculty Advisor form is due
- Friday, November 8, 2019: Second Round Funding: Honors Funding Request form is due
- Friday, November 15, 2019: Second Round Funding: Faculty Advisor form is due
New Spring 2020 Honors Deadlines (in response to COVID-19):
- Monday, April 20, 2020: Deadline for submitting entire thesis to all committee members.
- Friday, May 1, 2020: Deadline for thesis defense.
- Oral Defense Form (signed and returned to Wendy Wilson)
- Friday, May 8, 2020 by 12 noon: Submit thesis for format check to Wendy Wilson, Secretary, AD 312. Format must be approved before submitting to library.
- Thursday, May 14, 2020: Submit final (library) copy to Wendy Wilson, AD 312.
- Monday, May 4, 2020: Honors Reception, Collins Alumni Center, 6-8 p.m.
- Tentatively Cancelled: Honors Reception, Collins Alumni Center