Dates for this year's auditions are: January 20, February 17, and February 22
The March 28 auditions are CANCELLED.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Do I have to major in music?
No. No one comes to Austin College as a major in anything. Music scholarships are awarded based on your audition, and you do not have to major or minor in order to receive one.
What does the audition entail?
- Vocalists: Two contrasting classical pieces. Preferably one in a foreign language. CHORAL PARTS OR BROADWAY SONGS ARE NOT APPROPRIATE. (both pieces must be accompanied)
- Instrumentalists: Two contrasting pieces which may be etudes, sonatas, concertos, or stand-alone pieces. CONCERT EXCERPTS ARE NOT APPROPRIATE. (one must be accompanied however both can be if the applicant desires)
The music faculty will also speak with you for a few minutes about your plans for music in college.
How do I apply?
- Complete your application to Austin College.
- Fill out an ONLINE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION.
- Contact the Music Department to schedule your audition.
- AUDITIONS COORDINATOR: Sheila Weaver OR call 903.813.2251
Can I audition remotely?
Yes. Please speak with the auditions coordinator who can provide you with details of that process.