Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.Dr. Kenneth Street Law Symposium and the Public Administration Symposium.
Students can access the application by entering their email address and clicking Forgot My Password to set up an account for the first time.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.Dr. Frank Rohmer for a screening interview prior to application. Dr. Rohmer will provide the necessary access code for the application. The deadline to apply, including submission of letters of recommendation, is December 30.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen
- Sophomore status
- Political Science or International Relations major
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA
Congratulations to the latest Hatton Sumners Scholars:
- David Anderson
- Abigail Ballard
- Alison Boehmer
- Wyatt Hill
- Nico Rodriguez
- Samantha Fawcett
- Sierra Salser
- Hunter Williams
Several Austin College alumni who received the Sumners Scholarship include:
- Charla Aldous '82, attorney, and former member of the Austin College Board of Trustees, Dallas
- Dennis Gonier '83, business leader, senior member of the Austin College Board of Trustees, Manalapan, New Jersey
- Kenneth Martin '83, attorney, Dallas
- Chris Elliott '84, attorney, Austin
- Fred Junkin '86, attorney, Andrews Kurth Kenyon and Austin College "L" Association President, 2017-2018, Houston
- Brian Kilpatrick '89, attorney, Jackson Walker and former "L" Association Executive Board member, Dallas
- Dr. Alex Faulkner Lazar '90, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston
- Tamara Reno '93, attorney, U.S. Department of Justice, Dallas
- Shannon Harpold Hutcheson '93, attorney, Hutcheson Bowers and Austin College "L" Association President, 2015-2016, Austin
- Kevin White '98, attorney, Hunton & Williams and "L" Association President, 2012-2013, Washington, D.C.
Students who major in Political Science or International Relations can compete in their sophomore year for a $20,000 scholarship, divided between their junior and senior years. For more information about scholarship opportunities, contact Frank Rohmer.
- Find out more by visiting the Hatton Sumners Foundation.