Sponsors play an important role in guiding all student organizations at Austin College, including Greek Sponsors for fraternities and sororities. While the college requires fraternities and sororities to have a sponsor, the extent of the relationship is left up to the individual organizations and said sponsor.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Lack of Sponsor Policy
When a Greek organization is without a sponsor:
During the first two months:
- The organization must meet with the Director of Student Activities to develop a plan to select a new sponsor.
- The organization may continue to participate in functions and activities as an organization in good standing is allowed.
After two months:
- Social functions with alcohol will not be approved,
- Bulletin board space will be revoked,
- Participation in the new member education process will be terminated
- Current new members will not be initiated.
After one full semester:
- The organization’s charter may be suspended or revoked.