The sponsor for the organization will be the Director of Student Activities.
Purpose of the organization:
To RECOGNIZE those fraternity men and women who have attained a high standard of leadership in interfraternity activities, to ENCOURAGE them to continue along this line, and to INSPIRE others to strive for similar conspicuous attainment;
To UNITE outstanding fraternity men and women to create an organization which will help to mold the sentiment of the institution on questions of local and intercollegiate fraternity affairs;
To BRING TOGETHER members of the faculty, alumni, and student members of the institution’s fraternities and sororities on a basis of mutual interest, understanding and helpfulness;
To help CREATE an atmosphere where ideas and issues can be discussed openly across Greek lines and to help work out solutions.
Benefits of the organization:
- Order of Omega will consist of members in the Greek Community that are established student leaders. The chapter shall be responsible for a main project within Greek Life; the Geek Awards program.
- Members are eligible to apply for scholarships offered by Order of Omega (national).
- The local chapter will be eligible to apply for programming grants offered by Order of Omega (national).
- Each student that becomes a member will have a one-time membership fee of $50 due to Order of Omega (national), which covers a membership certificate and pin.
- Membership will be open fifteen (18) students each year.
- Minimum eligibility includes Greek members who have a cumulative GPA in the top half of the All-Greek cumulative GPA (fall 2019: 3.120 or higher).
- No more than 2 applicants per group.
- Applicants are juniors or seniors.
- Members will also be selected based on their leadership experiences; within their respective Greek organization, the Austin College community, and the community at-large.
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- Application for Membership