Methods for Course Registration
- Web registration in WebHopper – open for a designated period of time. Watch for emails from the Registrar’s Office and your Faculty Mentors for times available.
- Registration Cards and Paper Slips – available for use any time within accordance with the Academic Calendar.
|Term||General Month of Registration||Method Used for Registration|
|Fall||April||WebHopper and Paper|
|Spring||November||WebHopper and Paper|
|Summer||April (with Fall)||WebHopper and Paper|
|Off-Campus Jan/May Term||May and September||Paper Only with proof of travel deposit|
|On-Campus Jan Term||October||WebHopper and Paper|
Initial Registration for a New Term
- Consult the Academic Calendar to determine registration times within the given Fall and Spring terms.
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- Ensure that you have mentor permission to register for classes after your meeting. Students cannot enroll for classes until having worked with their faculty mentor.
GUIDE: Approvals for Registration
Searching for Classes
- To create a schedule, students must use the Search for Courses functionality in WebHopper.
GUIDE: Search for Courses
- Put together a list of courses that you want to take. Be sure the courses do not overlap in time. Write down the Zap Number/Synonym. It is also a good idea to have some alternative classes available in case a class has closed since you last reviewed the schedule.
- Provides a list of the codes attached to classes that tells students if the course meets the Humanities Breadth, Quantitative Reasoning Competency, a requirement for an interdisciplinary major/minor or a special topic.
Registering for Classes
- Log into WebHopper > Student Menu > My Registration Information > Express Registration.
GUIDE: Registration in WebHopper
Modifications to Initial Registration
- If web registration is open in WebHopper, students can add and drop courses as course parameters allow online. The Registration in WebHopper guide explains how to complete those functions.
Reminder: For a given term, the web registration period is available on the My Registration Information site in WebHopper.
- After web registration has closed for a given term but enrollment adjustments are still permitted in accordance with the Academic Calendar, students must pick up add or drop slips from the Registrar’s Office, obtain necessary signatures, and then return them to the Registrar’s Office.
- Once the Last Day to Add a class has passed for a term, students must file a Petition for the Academic Standing Committee to review. The class will not be added to the schedule unless their permission is granted.
- Once the Last Day to Drop a class with a W has passed for a term, students must file a Petition for the Academic Standing Committee to review or engage in the Medical Withdrawal process through the Office of Student Affairs. Only petitions with extraordinary, non-academic reasons should be submitted for the Academic Standing Committee to review. The class will not be dropped from the schedule unless the permission is granted from the Academic Standing Committee.
- Professors can elect to administratively drop a student from their courses for students who are continually absent, so it is important to attend class and understand each professor’s attendance policy.